Current available jobs in Information Systems/Engineering:
Information Systems/Engineering: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Retail Graphic Designer - Cleveland Cavaliers (Cleveland, OH)
The Graphic Designer will work closely with retail and the CGX team (Cavaliers Graphics) and be involved in the day-to-day retail design and brand management of all organizational properties. Project work includes the development, and presentation of creative drafts and ideas for retail products, environmental signage, retail sales collateral, online advertisements, game program ad publications, including Cavaliers Tip Off Tonight, Gladiators Kickoff, and Lake Erie Monsters Faceoff; logo development for seasonal campaigns, and ticket holder and promotional events; packaging for promotional items and giveaways; apparel design for the Quicken Loans Team Shop private label; design for digital projects such as concession menu boards and outdoor billboards; and creation of arena signage and large format designs as determined throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will contribute BIG ideas and provide creative and innovative solutions to retail and CGX’s daily tasks; and will be a person that can take a giant leap into a creative group and feel right at home.
CGX is a team of highly motivated and talented professionals who create “wow” experiences through creativity, brand development and graphic design. CGX is obsessed with creating the most dynamic, innovative and groundbreaking content to drive branding, marketing campaigns, corporate partnership activation, ticket and retail sales efforts, and fan engagement initiatives for the Quicken Loans Arena organization.
This role works in support of all organizational properties, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena, Lake Erie Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators, Canton Charge, and other key properties and projects as defined throughout the year.
- Maintaining the brand for the Cleveland Cavaliers and all other organizational properties.
- Possess knowledge of concepts, techniques and design for retail merchandise design.
- Willingness and ability to see projects through to completion in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of photography and lighting for product shoots.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team player and take direction from senior retail and CGX team members.
- Good interviewing, listening and visualization skills.
- A strong familiarity with current trends, color and design techniques.
- Ample knowledge of the creative process.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across a variety of brands at once with revolving timelines.
- A strong interest in designing retail product and marketing within a sports environment.
- Previous experience within a creative agency or retail design area preferred, but not required.
- Provide direct creative production support for major Cavaliers organizational events, including, but not limited to, Quicken Loans Arena, Lake Erie Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators, Canton Charge, and other key organizational projects and initiatives.
- Focus on the client experience (internal and external clients).
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Retail Director, Art Director and Senior Vice President of Marketing/Chief Marketing Officer.
Candidates Must Be: Incredibly open-minded, sincerely collaborative, obsessed with teamwork, flexible to change, completely organized, calm under pressure, definitive, innovative, a big thinker with actionable plans, solutions-based, positive, customer-service oriented (both internal and external customers), proactive communicator, adaptable to the game plan, willing to fail, like to have fun, and fun to be around, flexible to sports industry hours… and insanely passionate about earning the support of our fans every single day.
Computer Experience: Expert knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) in a Mac environment.
Design, Production and Creative Experience:
- Must be creative and idea-oriented and possess creative and business writing abilities.
- Must have a proven ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines on a continual basis.
- Must have proficient knowledge of the printing process and the ability to take a project from concept to production seamlessly.
- Experience in working with and maintaining strong and productive relationships with printers and vendors is key.
- Must have proven experience in working with large format design needs and production.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please list your salary requirements.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ