Communications: Internet Communications
Digital Content Assistant - Cleveland Cavaliers (Cleveland, OH)
Primary Overview of Position:
The Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC is seeking a talented Digital Content Assistant to help create, conceptualize and manage content that will be distributed across the Cleveland Cavaliers digital and social media platforms, advancing year-round engagement across the organization’s online network, helping to achieve organizational goals. We are looking for a candidate that holds a strong passion for and knowledge of digitally driven news, social media trends, and content marketing. The role will collaborate with the organization’s Digital Content Team and Managing Editor to build and develop compelling content that resonates with various audiences while possessing a strong attention-to-detail within a fast-paced environment.
- Create, curate and share written-, image-, audio- and video-based content for delivery across team-related digital and social media channels
- Help develop, maintain and update team content calendars that supports and extends initiatives across the organization, while using analytics to optimize content type and publish schedule
- Coordinate creative assets with design team members to ensure content is on brand, consistent in style, quality and voice
- Assist with the day-to-day operations, management and growth of cavs.com and the team mobile app
- Maintain ongoing quality assurance and usability testing
- Track performance, analyze and generate reports for internal distribution to define key performance indicators (KPIs) across team-related digital channels
- Assist in delivery of messaging through other digital communication channels including but not limited to arena websites, email campaigns, proximity marketing (GPS/Beacon) and push messaging through the team mobile app
- Identify new digital content trends and apply to current day-to-day execution
- Various other duties as assigned
- Degree in journalism, communications or web-related field; or at least one (1) – two (2) years of experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences
- Superior attention to detail and proof-reading experience
- Ability and willingness to work independently and under close direction
- Must be organized, highly motivated and team-oriented
- Experience producing written, video, audio and graphic content
- Experience creating, posting and sharing content across current digital and social media platforms including web, mobile app, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Working knowledge with HTML and Adobe Web Premium programs such as: Photoshop, Adobe Premiere or related video editing platform
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented workplace
- Knowledge of basketball is preferred, but not necessary
- This is a seasonal position that will last the duration of the NBA season (approx. mid-to-late September – end of July).
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends and holidays
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ